11/12/09

Vitamin Water With a Side of...

Bitterness? I finally decided to dip into the vitamin water craze and try a bottle of Triple XXX blueberry-pomegranate flavor VitaminWater. It wasn't bad. Next I decided to do a little online investigation to see if it was actually beneficial to my health like it claims. Here's what I found out.

-Most people hate vitamin water. On every site I looked at, there were a plethora of comments detailing the "massive" amounts of sugar in it. I'm pretty sure this info is slightly old though, because they were all saying that there were roughly 10-12 teaspoons of sugar in every bottle, whereas after I did some calculating my XXX only has about 3 teaspoons.

-Most scientists/dietitians/nutritionists say that the average adult man or woman gets these nutrients on a daily basis, so the water isn't necessary unless you hate water and only eat Twinkies. Also, it is probable that your body won't even absorb the majority of the vitamins. They recommend a multivitamin and a glass of water instead.

-I don't care, I like it. So every once in awhile.. I'm gonna have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...