12/10/09

WOW. What Are We Teaching Our Children?!

My friend Jon told me that he did not know who Fabio is. WHO DOESN'T KNOW FABIO!? Honestly. Who. Doesn't. Know. Fabio. Fabio is so famous that you don't even need to say his last name. People will know who you're talking about. I'm not going to lie to anyone, I do not find Fabio attractive. But I know who he is. He's one of those people that you don't necessarily have to know what exactly they do or have seen any of their work to know them. Like Prince. I know who Prince is, but I haven't really heard his music. Or E.T.. I know it's a movie about some kids and an alien, but I haven't seen it. Or Dennis Rodman. I never watch sports or anything, but I still know who he is, and that he's a little crazy. Case in point, educate yourself. I make many pop culture references. It makes my jokes funnier.

"Fabio Lanzoni (Born March 15, 1959) in Milan, Italy, is a famous male fashion model.Lanzoni, widely known simply as Fabio, was a member of the Italian Army before moving to the United States to live permanently.He became famous as a model for romance novel covers, the first of which was Hearts Aflame in 1987.He has also made a few small movie appearances (including cameos trading on his fame as a model), as well as commercials for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and for Wickes Furniture, and even co-penned a romance novel, entitled Pirate.Despite all his celebrity Fabio is reportedly accessible to fans, and is known for not refusing to give autographs." http://www.biographybase.com/biography/Lanzoni_Fabio.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...