3/16/10

Ohh Today.

It's only 9:32 am and I've already had three giggle outbursts, much to my embarrassment. It must be the exhaustion kicking in.. this pop-up book project for 3D Comp is really kicking my butt. Anyhow.. I recently wrote an essay for my English Comp class comparing my brother to my dog. My teacher realized what a comedic genius I am, (sarcasm-obviously, however I did chuckle a little to myself at some clever comments I had made), and he decided to read my essay aloud to the class, much to my dismay. Here's where the embarrassment comes in-- one portion of my essay detailed the sleeping habits of Mitch and Libs and I had forgotten that I had used the analogy "My brother's snores sound like a chainsaw in a parking garage" and I just lost it. I'm not sure why I find that so funny. No one else laughed. No one. It was great. Yes, anyways second moment was in that same class, (I'm almost certain everyone in it considers me to be mentally ill), my teacher was talking about fallacies and some how or another used and example that I had heard as "I took a lot of Vitamin C, then three days later my colon disappeared." I thought this was very funny and chuckled silently to myself, then realized when he repeated it he had said "cold" not "colon." Not nearly as obscure and refreshingly random as I had thought. My version would have proved his point better anyhow.
One thing that irked me though.. he kept saying "slippery slope" and that phrase creeps me out to no end. I just shuddered after typing it. Ick.
(I took that photo if you were wondering.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...